Published on February 10, 2019
Check out the official video made for JHUMUNC 2019 here.
JHUMUNC 2020 Baltimore City Award
JHUMUNC is a Model United Nations Conference held every year in the Hilton Hotel in downtown Baltimore. We provide delegates with multiple opportunities to engage in the field of international studies, both inside and outside the committee room. By participating in one of our more than 30 high-caliber committees and meeting students from all over the globe, JHUMUNC delegates receive unparalleled exposure to the world of international affairs. This scholarship is part of our initiative to support and contribute positively to our Baltimore community.
We are excited to offer an all-expenses scholarship to interested students from Baltimore City public high schools. Applications can be completed from October 28, 2019 until December 2, 2019 (11:59PM). Please note that a teacher testimony from a Model UN advisor or another teacher who can speak to your strengths is required to complete this application.
What the Award Entails
A fully funded Model United Nations experience at JHUMUNC 2020, including:
- Hotel accommodation for selected students for the three nights of the conference.
- $250 stipend for western business attire clothes, meals at the conference, and transportation to the conference. This stipend will be paid in multiple installments.
- Registration costs for the single delegate (student) and associated delegation (high school).
- A free JHUMUNC T-shirt.
- A high school student in good standing who attends a Baltimore City public school full-time.
- Model UN Experience is not required.
- An adult willing to act as an advisor for the entirety of the conference.
- A completed application.
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or MUN advisor.
- Attend the entirety of JHUMUNC 2020 conference from February 6-9, 2020.
- Attend a meeting with the Under-Secretaries-General of School Relations (Juan Gomez or Wendy Tsai) before the end of the conference to discuss your experience.
- Adhere to the policies and obligations as a delegate of JHUMUNC 2020, including signing a participation waiver.
Any questions about eligibility, the application process, or what the scholarship entails can be directed to the Under-Secretaries-General of School Relations, Juan Gomez and Wendy Tsai, at email@example.com or the Secretaries-General, Serena Goldberg and Jacob LaRochelle, at firstname.lastname@example.org.