Published on April 13, 2020
We’re excited to announce that the newly-appointed Secretaries-General of JHUMUNC XXIV are Howard Senior (Class of 2021, Economics and Political... Read More
JHUMUNC 2021 Baltimore City Award
JHUMUNC is a Model United Nations Conference, typically held in the Hilton Hotel in downtown Baltimore, but this year held online. We provide delegates with multiple opportunities to engage in the field of international studies, both inside and outside the committee room. By participating in one of our more than 30 high-caliber committees and meeting students from all over the globe, JHUMUNC delegates receive unparalleled exposure to the world of international affairs. This scholarship is part of our initiative to support and contribute positively to our Baltimore community.
We are excited to offer a scholarship to interested students from Baltimore City public high schools, and we can’t wait to read your applications! Please note that a teacher testimony from a Model UN advisor or another teacher who can speak to your strengths is required to complete this application.
What the Award Entails
A fully funded Model United Nations experience at JHUMUNC 2021, including:
- A fully subsidized online JHUMUNC experience.
- $100 stipend for western business attire clothes. This stipend will be paid in multiple installments.
- A free JHUMUNC T-shirt.
- A high school student in good standing who attends a Baltimore City public school full-time.
- Model UN Experience is not required.
- An adult willing to act as an advisor for the entirety of the conference.
- A completed application.
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or MUN advisor.
- Attend the entirety of JHUMUNC 2021 conference from February 5-7, 2021.
- Attend a meeting with the Under-Secretaries-General of School Relations before the end of the conference to discuss your experience.
- Adhere to the policies and obligations as a delegate of JHUMUNC 2021, including signing a participation waiver.
Any questions about eligibility, the application process, or what the scholarship entails can be directed to the Under-Secretaries-General of School Relations at email@example.com or the Secretaries-General at firstname.lastname@example.org.